Removing labels from your laptop can be a daunting task, stickers that you used to customize your laptop won’t come off easily all the time.
To remove the sticker from the laptop, you can gently start with a nail, credit card or plastic knife. If sticky residue remains, wipe it off with a microfiber cloth and water. If water does not work, try alcohol, dilute vinegar, or cleansing pads. Despite the many methods available, even the most stubborn tags should not cause you too much trouble.
Method 1: Clear the label
overtime, the adhesive on the back of the label or sticker separates from the printing material, making it harder to clean the label. If your label has been in place for more than 2 years, you can use water, alcohol or other cleaning solutions to remove the sticky material.
Start digging from one corner of the sticker or label. Use your fingernails in the corner of the sticker to pluck it from the surface of the laptop. If your nails are short, use a plastic knife or credit card to do so. Gently pull the stickers up from the corner to the end. Rapid peeling and tight pulling of detached edges can cause the label to rupture and increase debris.
Method 2: Clean the viscous material
Using a damp linen cloth will help you get rid of the viscous material in order to remove your stickers from laptop, just follow the steps below:
- Turn off your computer and unplug it, also unplug your laptop battery while cleaning it.
- You can use water or other liquids to clean your laptop and not worry about the risk of electric shock or damage to the computer.
- Try to clean the sticky material first with a damp, lint-free cloth. Dip a clean microfiber cloth into warm water. Clean the adhesion site with rotational movements and firm pressure.
- Be careful not to let moisture get into the laptop. Damage due to moisture is usually not covered by the warranty.
- Add a drop of dishwashing liquid to the napkin if needed. If the area is sticky or dirty, soak a towel in warm water and apply a drop of dishwashing liquid to the corner. Rub that spot a little with your fingertip until it foams and wipes the sticky area with it.
- When you are done, use the non-foam parts of the fabric to clean the foam.
Method 3: Eliminate sticker’s remaining stains
Sometimes the strain won’t come off easily, in this case simply use alcohol instead of water:
- If the damp cloth did not work, use 90% alcohol. Wet the corners of the microfiber cloth with alcohol to remove stubborn sticky stains.
- If you do not have alcohol, use a 1: 1 combination of vinegar and warm water.
- If cleaning did not work, use an alcohol swab. If the sticky substance still remains, soak your handkerchief in alcohol. Place the cloth on the sticky spot and hold it there for 2-3 minutes.
- If alcohol did not work, apply adhesive tape to the sticky area.
- Cut 5 to 7 cm of tape. Bend one end to make a non-stick handle, then rub the sticky surface of the tape into the sticky residue.
- If any adhesive remains after applying the tape, use a tissue and warm water or alcohol.
Are you finished and in need of new stickers for your laptop? You can order label stickers printing 24/7